You may feel excited to get behind the wheel, but it's normal to feel a little anxious about driving too. That's why you should use the tips below to stay safe on the road.
7 Useful Tips For Teen Drivers
- Always use your seatbelt. Do this even if you're just going for a short drive down the block. It's the law and it could save your life!
- Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Remember that prescription medications can impact your driving too.
- Avoid driving at night if you don't have much experience behind the wheel.
- Watch the forecast to avoid any inclement weather.
- Try to stay at least two seconds behind the vehicle in front of you. This can help give you more reaction time in the event of an emergency.
- Never use your cellphone in your car.
- If you ever feel uncomfortable or unsafe on the road, pull over somewhere safe.
Heritage Insurance has a free "Teen/Parent Driving contract", outlining a list of set rules for your teen to follow. Contact us for your free copy. There are also a number of free Apps that you can download that will not allow your teen to text while driving. These apps will silence all incoming texts and sends auto-reply messages to those texting them letting them know they're behind the wheel.
Get A Quote