Terms & Conditions
"Site Materials" means all services, information, data, document, communications, downloads, files, text, images, videos, webcasts, tools, resources, products, or other content made available or enabled via this site by Heritage Insurance or any authorized third party.
Your obligations under these Terms include the obligation to abide by other terms and conditions ("Supplemental Terms") that may apply to specific Heritage Insurance services, projects, features and products. This includes your use of any Heritage Insurance service made available to you on a preview or free trial basis, or any other product or service that you may license or purchase. If a provision of any Supplemental Terms conflicts with these Terms, the provision of the Supplemental Terms will prevail in the context of the service, project or product that is subject to the Supplemental Terms.
Product And Website Availability
The services described in this web site are available only to Alberta and Saskatchewan residents, who have reached the age of majority, and who possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation.
Collection Of Public Information
Heritage Insurance may gather any public information about customers from the following sources:
- The internet and any public social media profiles that have been made publicly available.
- Public records, including but not limited to, criminal record checks from federal or provincial government offices, public registries, and other sources permitted by law and that is accessible by the general public.
Recording Of Phone Calls
Heritage Insurance may monitor and record all incoming and outgoing phone calls for record-keeping, training, and quality-assurance purposes. All recorded phone calls are stored securely, and the recorded phone call will only be used for the purpose disclosed. Your phone call may be released to a third party to meet our obligations and assess your eligibility, premiums, and adjustment of claims. Our third-party partners also adhere to the applicable Privacy Laws which regulates the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as we do. If you do not wish to have your call recorded, you will be given an opportunity to communicate with Heritage Insurance using another format.
All information on this web site, including quotations and information relating to premiums is subject to change without notice. We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date material on this web site. However, we make no warranties or representations and there are no conditions as to the accuracy or timeliness of the material provided on this web site. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions on this web site. The performance of this web site and all information contained on, downloaded, or accessed from this web site are provided to you on an as is basis, without warranties of any kind whatsoever, including any implied warranties or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of the rights of third parties. Heritage Insurance shall not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, Internet access providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your or any other persons' computer as a result of using this web site. Heritage Insurance reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, disable access to or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part or all of this web site or any information contained thereon without liability or notice to you.
Obtaining An Insurance Quote And/Or Purchase
This web site offers a secure way to obtain an insurance quote and to purchase insurance. It is important to provide accurate information. If, as part of the purchase process, information provided to insurers is subsequently established to be not true, it may lead to an insurance policy being voided.
You also agree that clicking on certain buttons marked "yes", "next", "confirm", "continue" and any other similar descriptions constitutes authorization to proceed to the next stage of the quote and/or purchase process.
Ownership Of Intellectual Property
The site, and all contents and other elements available on or through this web site, are the property of Heritage Insurance and/or its content providers and are protected by the laws of Canada and relevant provincial laws. Your use of this web site does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the web site or its content. All rights reserved. Heritage Insurance ™ is a trademark owned by Heritage Insurance © Heritage Insurance 2019.
The text, illustrations, graphics, insurance policies and images displayed on the web site are proprietary and will always remain the property of Heritage Insurance or it is Licensors. Any reproduction is strictly prohibited.
Certain names, logos, words, titles, phrases, service marks, icons, graphics or designs or other content contained on this web site are trademarks or tradenames, which belong to or are licensed by Heritage Insurance You are not permitted to reproduce these marks, logos, names without the express written consent of Heritage Insurance. Any unauthorized use, copying, downloading may violate provincial or federal law that may result in legal action.
Insurance Providers And How We Get Paid
All insurance products offered by Heritage Insurance are arranged for by Heritage Insurance and underwritten by a number of licensed Canadian insurance companies. Heritage Insurance is compensated by either a policy fee charged and/or a commission on all insurance policies sold and renewed on behalf of the insurance companies we represent. Commissions and policy fees can range from 10% to 50% depending on the negotiated terms with the insurance company or the type of policy sold.
Heritage Insurance may pay referral fees to both licensed and unlicensed third parties for referring business to Heritage Insurance.
The Internet is not entirely secure, and the confidentiality of certain information cannot be guaranteed. This web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Any unencrypted e-mail communication over the Internet is, as with communications via any other medium such as cellular phones, not secured or confidential, and is subject to possible interception, loss, and alteration. We do not encourage anyone to send information, including personal information, to us using unencrypted e-mail. You acknowledge and agree that we, our agents, administrators, employees, and affiliates shall not be responsible for any damages you or anyone else may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet, and that all such communication will be at your own risk.
We are committed to making all contact straightforward and relevant. From time to time, we will let clients know about new or enhanced products and services. In addition, we will communicate promotions that may be of interest to you. These include, but are not limited to, promotion codes, new product launches, insurance news, and discount options. Should you not wish to receive written or electronic communications that relate to promotions or enhanced products and services offered by Heritage Insurance you can remove your e-mail address from our database which sends promotional and enhanced products and services emails by clicking the unsubscribe the "unsubscribe" or "manage your communication with us" link at the bottom of those emails.
Links To Other Sites
Links from or to Internet sites outside this web site are meant for your convenience only. The owners of these outside sites manage their content for which Heritage Insurance is not responsible. You access these third-party sites at your own risk. Heritage Insurance is not responsible for damages or prejudice of any nature resulting from the use or the content of the web site or of other sites connected to the web site by hyperlink.
Use Of Google Services
The Heritage Insurance system uses Google Services to provide the following information:
- Address information
- Street view panoramas
- Other information as required
Use Of Information
By submitting information, you warrant the information submitted is not confidential third-party property and that Heritage Insurance may publish such information, use it as part of its operations, and incorporate its concepts into services to be distributed by us without liability or compensation to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Heritage Insurance and its officers, directors, members, insurers, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, agents, licensors, licensees, suppliers, employees and representatives harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your: (i) violation of these Terms, including any Supplemental Terms, and/or (ii) violation of applicable law or your violation of any rights of any third party based on or related to your use of the site and/or any site materials and/or software.
Assumption Of Risk And Warranty Disclaimer
You agree to assume all risk in accessing and using the web site or any site materials, and with respect to any activity or project that you undertake based on or utilizing the web site or any site materials. You must take precautions (e.g., virus scans, etc.) to ensure that any content you access is free of viruses, worms, or other potentially destructive elements.
Your use of the side and/or any site materials is at your sole risk. The site and all materials, content, information, products, and services are provided on an "as is", "as available", and "with all faults" basis. Heritage Insurance disclaims all express or implied conditions, representations, and warranties of any kind, including any implied warranty or condition of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Heritage Insurance makes no representations, warranties, conditions, or guarantees as to the usefulness quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of the site, the site materials, or any products, services, content, or information provided by or made accessible by means of the site or any site materials.
Heritage Insurance makes no warranty or representation that: (A) The site, the site materials, or any products or services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (B) The results that may be obtained from the use of the site, site materials, products, or services will be accurate or reliable; (C) The quality of the site or any site materials, products, or services will meet your expectations or requirements; or (D) Any errors in the site, site materials, products, or services will be corrected. No advice or information, whether written or oral obtained by you from Heritage Insurance, whether obtained through the site, site materials, products, services, or otherwise, shall create any warranty not expressly provided in these terms.
Your assume all risk for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from use of, or obtaining any content from, the site and/or site materials, products, or services, including without limitation any damages resulting from viruses.
To the full extent permitted by the law, Heritage Insurance is not and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages (including, without limitation, loss of business, revenue, profits, goodwill, use, data or economic advantage arising out of or in connection with the site or any site materials products, or services, even if Heritage Insurance has previously been advised of, or reasonably could have foreseen, the possibility of such damages, however they arise, whether in breach of contract or in tort (including negligence), including without limitation damages due to: (A) The use of or the inability to use the site; (B) The cost of procurement of substitute services resulting from any data, information or services obtained, or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the site; (C) Statements or conduct of any third party on the site, including without limitation unauthorized access to or alteration of transmissions or data, malicious or criminal behavior, or false of fraudulent transactions; or (D) Tools, features, content, or information you may access, use, modify, or rely upon.)
These Terms constitutes the final, complete, and exclusive agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter that it covers, and it supersedes all prior versions. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you purchase products or services, or those of any third party.
The laws and courts of Canada and the province of Saskatchewan govern these Terms, any action related to these Terms, and/or your use of the site. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply to any dispute under these Terms. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the laws and courts located within the province of Saskatchewan, Canada.
No failure to exercise promptly any right under these Terms will create a continuing waiver or any expectation of non-enforcement. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, you agree that such provision will be replaced with a new provision that accomplishes the original purpose, and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Partner Coupons Terms and Conditions:
The partner coupons ("Coupon") are the property of Heritage Insurance ("Heritage Insurance") and Heritage Insurance partners ("Partners") and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- By participating, claimants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Claimants must comply with these Terms & Conditions for a Coupon to be valid.
- Each claimant is entitled to one Coupon. Coupons are not transferable, have no monetary value, are not redeemable for cash or credit and cannot be combined with any other coupons or any other offer or discounts or promotions offered by Heritage Insurance and its Partners. The Coupon holder is responsible for any applicable sales tax. A Coupon cannot be applied to a prior purchase with Heritage Insurance or any of its partners.
- To redeem the Coupon, the claimant types the coupon code into the discount/coupon box on a partner website and the relevant discount will be automatically deducted from the final price of the qualifying purchase. If the claimant fails to enter the coupon code at the time of purchase as specified, the purchase will not be eligible for the discount. Discounts may not be claimed after confirmation of a claimant's purchase.
- Coupons are only available in the area of operations for each of Heritage Insurance partners. Contact the Partner directly or refer to their website to find out what areas are serviced by that Partner. If a Partner does not operate in your immediate area, the Coupon is null and void and cannot be returned, exchanged, and has no monetary value.
- Coupons may be used only once and may not be duplicated or photocopied. Coupons are electronically distributed and may be printed only once. Further still, Coupons are strictly prohibited from being posted electronically, unless expressly authorized by Heritage Insurance and its Partners. In the case of fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or violation of these terms and conditions, Heritage Insurance reserves the right to take all available legal or administrative action. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Coupons are void where prohibited. Heritage Insurance and its partners reserve the right to discontinue a Coupon at any time.
- Heritage Insurance and its Partners as well as either of their successors, heirs, administrators, assigns, employees, associates, or affiliates shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of accepting and/or using the coupon, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- These Terms & Conditions are subject to common law and governed by the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan.
Specific Partner Terms And Conditions:
- Frogbox: Valid on orders of 25 boxes or more. Not valid with other offers.
- Goodlife: Limit one 7 visit trial pass per person. Pass only valid for Non-Members and first time Club visitors who have not been a member of GoodLife Fitness in the last 3 months. Pass valid for 14 consecutive days after activation and may only be activated during staffed Club hours. Visitor must be of the age of majority in the province in which the Club is located and may only attend during staffed Club hours. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Non-transferable. No cash value. Other conditions may apply.
- The Brick: This is an exclusive offer provided to Heritage Insurance by LKH Capital Corp., a Brick franchised location. This offer is not available for online or in-store purchases. Only redeemable by completing the form on the landing page from the link provided.
- Hello Fresh: Offer is available on your first box order from Hello Fresh. Abide by Hello Fresh terms & conditions listed on their website.
- Shaw Cable: Introductory promotions only available when signing up as a new customer for TV, Internet, or Phone. Must not have subscribed to Shaw services within the last 90 days. Must be 18 years of age, or older. Must have a valid piece of government issued ID. Must provide a phone number for contact purposes. All personal information is confidential and will not be sold or distributed. Other terms and conditions may apply, please visit www.shaw.ca for more.